Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Well…That Is Interesting


I heard a commercial on the radio today for Air Canada’s business class flights to L.A.
For the first time, I am angry enough to write to a company to complain about the content of its commercial.

The commercial talked about how business people flying to L.A. are Air Canada’s top priority, how all their needs are met before they are even uttered and how the airline thinks these people are the stars.

I understand this commercial was aired on a radio station that targets a certain demographic, however, not everyone who listens to it flies business class, but most people do fly Air Canada.

So if Air Canada only loves those who fly business and treat them with the respect, how about everyone else?

I understand money makes the world go round but everyone who flies Air Canada should be offered the same service and the same respect.

10 comments:

LisaDay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Visiting from SITS. I make all the plane reservations for our family and have been so frustrated with how difficult it is to make reservations, how confusing it is, and how much I don't feel like I really matter in the process. I don't blame you for being annoyed by that commercial.

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

That would piss me off too. I hope you told them off good!

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Amy DM said...

I get really annoyed every time the airline I fly with to and from Africa takes time out to 'welcome our World Class travelers' or whatever they say to welcome the few and favored at the front of the plane. Isn't the champagne enough? What about the rest of us who worked really hard for our postage-stamp-sized seats. Bah!

There! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Mz-Cellaneous said...

I once got called out (when I had a store) by putting up a small sign in a window display of sorority items that sayd "welcome back sororities). It was when school started back.

I was told it was bad to only welcome back a certain part of the university.

Sigh.

That certain part of the university was a huge part of my business... but ok, welcome back the rest of youz too.

Betty said...

Would love to know what radio station it was....

Oh well.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Oh wow. That's uncalled for isn't it??? Did they really say that? I must say though. I have made that Air Canada First Class flight from Toronto to LA, and I have to say, it was one of the best flights I've ever had. :)

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Christina Lee said...

ooh good one!

Debbie said...

A company will say anything in an ad to try to cater to a certain demographic. Makes me sick!

Kelly said...

I'm visiting from SITs and I must say that I agree 100%!

I hope you post about the response you get from that letter!