Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Colours of My Dreams


For as long as I can remember, my favourite colours have been blue and yellow.

I have always loved the magazine Victoria and for years saved each copy I purchased so I could flip through its pages and dream of my perfect house.

At least once a year, the editorial staff would dedicate their issue to blue and my eyes would feast on the possibilities.

We have lived in our house by the lake for almost 10 years.

For the first eight years, the only room that was painted was my stepdaughter’s room, which eventually became our son’s room.

This year for Mother’s Day my husband gave me one of the best presents ever – he was going to paint our bedroom in the colour of my choice.

The pick was easy. I have been carrying around a paint chip for years and I simply had to pull it out of my wallet and give it to my husband.

The bedroom is lovely. I never tire of the colour.

My husband recently painted our living room, which holds my library, the same colour, and on the Saturday before Father’s Day painted our hallway muse, which is a yellow colour.

Slowly, my house is becoming a place of my dreams.



6 comments:

Lindy Leigh said...

I have been collecting magazine pages for when we finally settle in a year and I can paint my new digs and decorate it to be my dream home :)

Pretty colors you have there!!!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

That is one fabulous yellow. So bright and cheerful...

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! Our walls are all white downstairs. We haven't painted since we moved in 10 years ago. But? The dogs have "decorated" with mud and kids w/ crayons, handprints, and, I fear, boogers. Can't wait to have it painted!

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

I am totally loving the colors and can't wait to see the remodeling.

Cheers :-)
- Rainforest Mommy

Unknown said...

Visiting from SITS...amazing how color can change everything!!!

mangiabella said...

came by from SITS :) - i love the colors - it really makes those walls come alive!!! just became a follower and would love to have you follow me at mangia-bella.blogspot.com - have a glorious day sweet bella