Monday, June 21, 2010

Nighttime Ride


Last night my husband and I went for a quick motorcycle ride after the baby was asleep.

For the record, his 19-year-old sister was at home listening for any sound from his bedroom.

I really haven’t been on the Harley since the summer before I was pregnant. My husband tells me he thinks of that summer often.

We went out almost every weekend and did several great trips. He figures my motorcycle riding days are done.

They aren’t done, they are postponed until after the boy decides hanging out with friends is more important than mom and dad or when mom and dad can leave the boy to hang out by himself for a couple of hours.

Or when mom is able to leave baby in the capable hands of the Nana and Papa or for the weekend. Sadly, for Nana and Papa at least, I am not there yet.

9 comments:

Christina Lee said...

Yes, it's good to look at it as POSTPONED! Those memories will come again.

Lerin said...

Yep, we all have "seasons" in life. Enjoy the one you're in, because it flies by really fast! :)

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

I bet Nana and Papa would be glad to keep the little guy for a day or so. Maybe you could convince them to come visit E at your house so you could have a day trip now and then and still be home in time to tuck him in.

Cheers :-)
- Rainforest Mommy

Unknown said...

Just stopping by to say "THANKS" for visiting me on my SITS day! Hope you have a great week!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Oh good for you...get out and enjoy, it's summer!!!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Unknown said...

I had a little chuckle at your comment about not wanting to leave E yet with Nana for an overnight. N is still not there yet with M, and M is almost 4! LOL. I've been bugging her to come for a sleepover, but no such luck, not yet anyway.

Erik Lucien said...

That’s a cool ride! You should never let your motorcycle riding days end while you can still do it. There is still time for the two of you to bring back those moments you had in your Harley during summer. I’m pretty sure your Nana and Papa would be very glad to take care of your baby so that you can have time together riding motorcycle.

Hannah Parkin said...

You definitely deserved to have that quick ride with your husband. I’m pretty sure you both miss that moment. Why don’t you plan another ride next summer? Go somewhere you haven’t been before. Do not worry about your baby because I’m pretty sure Nana and Papa will take care of him.

Clare Westby said...

There’s no such thing as the “end”. Both of you can still ride the motorcycle whenever you want, just make sure that someone is looking after your baby. Having fun must not end when you have a baby. So, it’s been almost 2 years, have you gone on the motorcycle ride with your husband again?