Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Bits


No response yet
I emailed Air Canada my blog posting and other than a form email saying they received it and I don’t have to write again, I have not yet heard a response.

However, I also haven’t heard the commercial that tells me Air Canada only cares about those who travel first class on the radio again.

Apparently, Air Canada speaks the truth in that commercial as noted by Alex from Ma What’s For dinner, who said she did feel like a star. It does makes me feel better that someone is being treated fairly and kindly by an airline.


Payback’s a…
Cosmo the kitten found a new play-toy – my son’s feet as he bounces them as he nurses. Payback likely wasn’t that great. My son scooped up Cosmo as he was eating and I have a fantastic picture of baby holding dangling kitty. Too cute.

Family dance party at work
My coworker started singing ‘Everyone dance now,’ and that phrase is now stuck in my head, running over and over as I don’t know any other words.

Self-promotion

I don’t usually tie my work life into my personal one, but I wrote an article on sustainable fishing and I am quite proud of it: http://tinyurl.com/22o7q43

I think everyone should read it and learn how you can help save our oceans from overfishing.

Self-promotion 2:
My second article, which I think will also be fantastic although not as depressing, has been delayed for going on two weeks now. My second source is a busy woman and keeps cancelling. She ensures me it will be today so that article should be up soon and I will offer more self-promotion.

Good-day Friday
I stayed late Tuesday, which means I can leave early Friday to start what will be a great weekend.

My cousins and brother and family are coming over Sunday so it will be a party at the Day house. Three kids under five, crazy girls (boys, except baby, will be out of the house) and a kitten. Can it get better than that?

Happy weekend everyone.

7 comments:

Angelia Sims said...

Air Canada doesn't treat travel agents much better either. I try to stay away from them. Hope it works out.

Three kids under five with a kitty sounds like a great weekend and maybe for some crazy fun pics! Hope you have a good one. :-)

Holyoke Home said...

Thanks for stopping by!

I don't think it can get better than that. Well, maybe if a real cosmo was involved.

Young Wife said...

I hope Air Canada sends you a real response.

Angeline Schnare said...

Sounds like Sunday will be a FUN-day!
Enjoy!

Here's a link you might be interested in:

http://mominthecity.com/wp/2010/05/20/show-me-the-moneylearning-from-blog-publishers-who-pay-their-bloggers/

The Bama Gardener said...

Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by the blog! You should post a picture with your son dangling that kitty!!!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Sounds like you are having a crazy weekend! Have fun!

Emma said...

Hope that you had a fun weekend and that you get a response from Air Canada soon!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog on SITS Pot Luck Friday x