Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Morning Writings

I have so much to do at work but I am not sure where to start.

But I know when to start. And there lies part of my problem.

I am a morning person. While I do believe 5 a.m., the time my alarm goes off each morning, is too early, I do love the mornings, any time after 6 a.m.

I get into work at about 7:30 a.m.

If I can begin writing at that time, all is well with the world. If I have to do other things first, I find it’s hard to then sit down and get organized enough to write.
So I may not do any writing today.

I will instead attempt to organize my desk, read through my notes, edit some copy, lay out some pages and gather recipes for upcoming online features.
There is no shortage of work this week. I am a happy lady.

5 comments:

Betty said...

I have NEVER been a morning person and never will. I get up at
10 a.m. and feel I deserve it.

I don't envy people who are morning people because they have to go to bed early i.e. 9 or
10 p.m. Oh well. That's what makes the world go round.

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

I'm going to have to agree with Betty on this one. I hate mornings which makes it so much harder to have a child who likes them. Why couldn't he be like me and want to sleep till 9?

Congrats on having a long to do list!

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I do that. And I do get a lot accomplished in the morning. But I know I'm procrastinating when I'm organizing. When I was a TV writer and I had a script due my office and condo was always pristine!!! Good luck.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Melissa Haak said...

Stopping by from SITS

I am the same way. I get up early and I write before the kids wake, if I don't where then no writing gets done because I cannot think to write when there are other people yaking all around in my mind space!

MommieDaze said...

I'm just the opposite. I'm a night person, and can't do much writing before 8 p.m. It's a good thing I don't have to go into an office during the day. I'd never get anything done.