Monday, May 11, 2009

They're back ...

The birds aren’t the only creatures that are back.

Is it just me or are the mosquitoes larger and more blood thirsty this year?

I must have really great tasting blood because mosquitoes go out of their way to enjoy a sample.
If people are looking for a natural bug repellent, they simply have to encourage me to join their parties - that way their guests in shorts and T-shirts will be safe.

The mosquitoes tend to enjoy buzzing in my ear and sticking their ‘noses’ through jeans and sweaters to get to me.

Several years ago, my parents and I went to Holland to meet our Dutch relatives. I was told there are no bugs in Holland. That may be the case for most people, but the mosquitoes packed their little bags and flew to Holland to eat me alive.

The following are mosquito prevention tips courtesy of www.fightthebitecolorado.com/mosquitoprevention.htm
* Remove standing water around your property.
* Change water in bird baths and wading pools weekly.
* Avoid mosquitoes by staying indoors at dawn and dusk.
* Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants.
* Repair screens.

No comments: