Thursday, July 28, 2011

Happiness Is…







New appliances.

On Friday, after a large grocery shop and as I was getting ready to host a shower for my future sister-in-law, our fridge died.

There was panic and indecisiveness but at the end we were able to put our food in our neighbour’s fridge until time would allow us to deal our dying one.

Thank goodness for the Internet. How did we ever survive without it? This week has been spent online looking at various companies and their fridges.

Wednesday night I looked on kijiji, a free advertising site, and discovered someone in a town close by was selling never-used Samsung appliances for a fantastic price. Last night my husband and his friend picked up our new appliances.

We now have a working fridge and to stave off Murphy’s Law, which says things always happen in threes, a new stove and dishwasher.

Is it sad that I am excited about new appliances?

4 comments:

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Congrats on the new appliances. And no, not sad that you are excited about them. I'm excited about my new used stove!

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Unknown said...

Not sad at all!! All us moms get excited about stuff like that. It's like new toys for moms. And since we all can't afford to buy ourselves new clothes, hairdo's, shoes, accessories, books, electronics, etc...we must celebrate when we do get to have something new!! Very excited for you!

Betty said...

Yes, congrats on the new stove, fridge and dishwasher.

Lucky you. I'd be excited too.

Isn't it amazing how appliances can make us happy.

Tell a single working girl about it and they would look at us in a strange way.

I love new appliances too.

Enjoy.

Heather said...

I love new appliances. I am always torn between wishing my washer/dryer, stove, dishwasher would break down so that I would be forced to buy new and knowing that we can't really afford to spend the money!