Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Condolences to the Parker family


Last night, my stepdaughter informed me a writer named Robert Parker died.

Today, I went online and discovered that my favourite author, Robert B. Parker, whom I have been reading for many years, died suddenly in January. He was 77.

Parker’s books are a quick, easy read. The characters are real, intelligent and moral.
While Spenser, Parker’s best-known character, is my favourite, I enjoyed the author’s other series including that of Jessie Stone and female private investigator Sunny Randall.

I enjoyed how the character’s, both primary and secondary, were found in other series.

I have read everything that Parker wrote, including westerns and a book about baseball.
I would recommend this author to everyone.

It’s a sad day for mystery readers and Parker fans.

Read more about Parker at http://us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/aboutus/pressrelease/robert_b_parker.html

Parker’s website is http://www.robertbparker.net/

5 comments:

Helen McGinn said...

What a shame; I was sad the day John Updike died...he was a legend.

Danielle said...

I have never read those books, but I love a good mystery. Maybe I should try them.

Christina Lee said...

I hadn't heard this--thanks for sharing!

Shelley said...

Aw.....dang it. I loved his books. Especially the Jessie Stone series. I had not heard that he had passed though. Over from SITS. Have a great day.

Amy DM said...

I've had that baseball one on my shelf for forever. Is it good?

I'm sorry I haven't been by in a while. Your blog was lost in my reader. I found it again and will be by more often.