Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sorry It has Been a While


Hello blog readers,

Sorry it has been so long. I have been sick since Dec. 27. It started out as a traditional cold, which was starting to wind down around New Year’s Day.

Unfortunately, on the first Sunday of the new year, I woke up with a sore throat.
Then Monday arrived with a headache that reminded me of the sensation I had after jaw surgery - if I leaned over my head felt like it was going to explode into a million pieces.

I also had teeth and eye pain. I stayed home Monday. Dragged my sorry self to the office for three hours Tuesday, stayed home Wednesday, then went to work for the whole day Thursday.

Friday I woke up in what can be described as agony. My head still felt like it was going to explode, but this time the sensation was there if I was standing up, lying down or making any moves. In addition, my eyes feel like they were going to pop out of their sockets; the bones around my eyes were in pain as well; my jaw was tender; and of course my nose was still running.

I thought about going straight to the hospital, but waited until 9 a.m. to call the doctor’s office instead. I gingerly walked around the house with my hands planted firmly on the sides of my head until we had to leave. Because the pain was so bad, I got my stepdaughter and her boyfriend up to drive my son and me to the doctor where I was diagnosed with a sinus infection, given antibiotics and told to take Tylenol Sinus. It was instant relief.

I hope never to get another sinus cold again. I hope you don’t either.

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Oooo wee. Your poor thing. Glad you got some meds! Get well.

xoxo
Danielle