Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Daily Dribbles


I was so excited.

I was reading a fellow Secret is in the Sauce member's blog – Humes, Party of Three – and discovered a feature she had discovered on another blogger’s website – http://thedailydribbles.blogspot.com

The feature allows you to “thank” those people who ticked you off.

Sarcastic thank yous. Brilliant really.

I thought a Monday morning drive down the 404 would allow me to create one or two thank yous. I then thought a day at the office would provide ample opportunities.
But I was disappointed on both counts.

Instead of: ‘To the driver who felt his time was more valuable then mine and proceeded to go through a seconds-old red light before Christmas, thank you’ or ‘To the driver on the highway who proceeded to cut me and everyone else off, causing us to have to slam on the breaks in a snowstorm before Christmas, thank you’, I have had to create real heartfelt thank you.

So to the drivers who were courteous, who obeyed traffic laws and let me in, thank you for a good drive in Monday and Tuesday mornings.

To my coworkers who made me laugh and listened to me vent, thank you for making my first real week back at work since my vacation a good one.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Isn't it fabulous!!! Thank you very much Thursdays are my favorite day of the week.

xoxo
Danielle

Kmama said...

Thanks for the shout-out. While you didn't do the sarcastic thank you's, i'm glad that you were able to do some heartfelt ones. Those are so much better!!