Monday, December 21, 2009

Quick to Criticize, Slow to Thank

My apologies to both Huggies and Pampers. It seems that I am also guilty of being quick to criticize and slow to thank.

I try really hard to say thank you.

When I receive gifts, I always follow up with a thank-you card. When I read a reporters stories, I try to call to say ‘Great job’ almost as often as I call to ask questions.

People like to be recognized for a job well done. Human nature, I suppose.

So with that, I apologize to both disposables diaper companies. I wrote several blog entries complaining about sitting in puddles after my son peed through his diaper. As my friend pointed out, as I use cloth all day, my son has not grown with the diapers so it is hard to know which size to buy. And I had no idea the weight range was just a guide.

So you could see why I was having troubles.

So I wrote some nasty blogs about both Pampers and Huggies, tried another size and then was silent. I was no longer sitting in puddles, but I didn’t tell anyone that either.

And then the coupons started, with both Pampers and Huggies responding to my email and sending me coupons in the mail.

My son is in Size 5 diapers – first Pampers, now Huggies – and usually stays dry for most of the night.

So thank you Pampers and Huggies for responding to my email, teaching me the ways of disposables and for continually sending me ways to save money.

Thank you.

No comments: