Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fun At Home


Today was supposed to be the first day my son tried daycare.

My daycare provider, LC, phoned me last night to inform me her five-year-old has come down with the flu and suggested my son stay home.

Yippee. (Yippee to my son staying home, not a child caught the flu.)

While I am sure my son will be OK with playing all day, Mommy wasn’t ready to lose her little guy, not even for four hours.

While I had made lots of plans to occupy the time, I really wasn’t looking forward to not being constantly around my little guy.

So while a small part of me was sad that I couldn’t develop pictures, the rest of me was excited that I could instead read, play with blocks, cuddle and enjoy my son as he explores his world.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you had a nice day with E. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have to go back to work after such a wonderful year.

I have having a nice snack, a toasted pumpkin biscuit with butter - DELICOUS!!!