Thursday, July 16, 2009

Reading Recommendation


If you are looking for an easy summertime read, look no further than Robert B. Parker.

I have been reading Parker for years. The books, about a tough private detective from Boston and his friends, are easy reads, great for the beach or an afternoon of pleasure reading.

I have read almost everything Parker has written, even a book about baseball, which is not my favourite sport. (I thought I read everything but a quick search on his website shows the library is missing three of his latest books and he has a new one coming out in October.)

The 1980s TV show Spenser For Hire was based on Parker’s series.

Parker also has two other series, one about a female PI and the other about a small-town police chief.

While Spenser and his friend Hawk are my favourite characters, what I enjoy about Parker’s other series is that many of the secondary characters show up in his two other series.

Visit Parker's website at http://www.robertbparker.net/

No comments: