Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Fun Sick Day

Tuesday I kept my guy home.

We had both been up most of the night before because of his new hacking cough. I know how those first day of colds are - they are awful. So when I suggested staying home with mommy for the morning, he jumped at it.

We had a busy few hours. We coloured, we made dinner, we talked with Papa on Skype, we had a tea party complete with my grandmother's fine china and snacks (you can't have a tea party without snacks you know) and we made goop.

Goop, which I remember making with my aunt when I was a child, is actually a science  thing, or so I discovered by reading A Girl in a Boy House. Non-Newtonian liquids, or goop, was a hit at our house Tuesday, and we played with the cornstarch and water mixture for some time.

We then went outside where we played on the slide, went high on the swings and then came inside to make the requested chicken noodle soup. It was an action-packed morning. Not bad for a little boy too sick to go to daycare.





3 comments:

Julie M. said...

That looks like it was a perfect morning for the two of you. I'll have to try the goop with my boys!

Unknown said...

It looks like a wonderful morning! The goop looks like tons of fun!

Christina Lee said...

oh my goodness, you totally reminded me that I have goop in a science box in my basement ready to be made! YAY!