Thursday, February 9, 2012

Eat Cake. Lose Weight.


On the news this morning there was a story about a study done in Israel that showed people who ate cake in the morning lost 40 more pounds than those who did not.

I am a believer of the effective, but not popular, weight loss method of a normal diet and exercise, however, this study caught my ear.

I believe this study might be onto something.

I love baked goods. I find I crave homemade cookies and brownies in the morning. I would be quite content to eat my cereal with a side of chocolate bar.

According to the researchers, those who ate a slice of cake with breakfast, spiked their metabolism and then had the day to wear off the calories.

When I don't have baked goods to eat on the way to work, or avoid sweets throughout the day, I tend to eat a lot of junk I don't really want when I get home.

So tonight after work, my guy and I are going to bake a second batch of granola cups found at Mommie Cooks (delicious and fun) as well as a batch of chocolate chip cookies so I can test the theory.

2 comments:

Lady Mama said...

You have just made my day. Seriously.

Christina Lee said...

WHOA! I actually understand hat logic!