Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cloth diaper Users Take Note...


I discovered a new online cloth diaper store – http://www.parentingbynature.com/

My freelance suggested a piece on cloth diapers and interviewed a mom who had started an online business after realizing cloth diapering, for her, was the way to go. Within the article she mentioned a diaper pail liner that could be thrown in the washing machine along with the diapers so there was no touching required.

Perfect, as I not only handled dirty diapers several times more than necessary, I was also using green garbage bags, which were smelly and would get moldy.

So I contacted the source my freelancer used in her story. About a month later, there was still no answer from her and while I appreciate she is a mom with a business, customer service is still customer service and I expect a phone call or an email back in a reasonable time.

So then I went on Google and simply typed in 'cloth diapers'. I checked out several online stores until I found parentingbynature.com

Also run by moms with young children, this business offered excellent customer service.

I ordered the diaper pail liner and four hemp inserts. According to parentingbynature.com, hemp inserts offer excellent protection for heavy wetters or to keep your baby dry overnight.

And anyone who has read this blog for any length of time knows the issues I have had with a wet baby with both cloth and disposables.

So I ordered four. Parentingbynature.com not only had the ordered processed in record time (and quickly corrected a mistake I made in ordering), the package arrived at my local post office within a week.

I still haven’t heard back from the original person.

So those who use cloth, or thinking of going that route, parentingbynature.com is a great source for all things cloth.


As a side note
, the hemp inserts work really well. My son was wet one night but I think it was because the diaper wrap I used was too big. If I use a smaller wrap, he is dry after a 12-hour sleep with drinking through the night.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Glad you went with the other company.

Customer Service is a MUST...

Betty said...

I agree, Customer Service is very important to me. When will our C.S. personnel learn. Maybe they should take some lessons from the U.S. they bend over backwards to please you.

Betty said...

I agree, Customer Service is very important to me. When will our C.S. personnel learn. Maybe they should take some lessons from the U.S. they bend over backwards to please you.

Red Velvet Confections said...

Oh customer service can make or break a business. I'm glad you found what you were looking for.

Visiting from SITS!

Snuggly Monkey said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog today :) Came to have a look around. I totally agree that customer service makes a huge difference in where I chose to spend my money. Which diaper pail liner did you end up going with? We've used a few different kinds and have found "Planet Wise" to my favorite. Glad the hemp worked out for you!