Thursday, September 10, 2009

Too Sensitive

I just finished reading The Two Little Girls In Blue by Mary Higgins Clark.

Since having our son, I realize I shouldn’t be reading these types of books. I can’t get the images that Clark created out of my mind. I keep replaying how it must have felt to get a call from the police saying something had happened and arriving home to discover my children gone.

While I have always been sensitive to the ills of the world, it seems I have less ability to handle it now that my own beautiful boy is here.

My husband and I watched the second Zorro movie the other night. I watched it pre-baby, but I must say I had a new perspective during this viewing. It made me physically sick when the bad guys discovered the baby alone, and what could have happened to the little guy if the mother lost the fight.

Perhaps it’s time for me to take a break from books and movies that involve children getting injured.

And it’s certainly time for me to enjoy my own little one. Good night.

No comments: