Saturday, August 29, 2009

Good to Have Dreams


People often ask us if we plan to stay at our house by the lake.

Our answer is always the same: If we find the house/property of our dreams we will leave our current location of our dreams.
The property of our dreams is a hobby farm. I have the picture of the property in my mind.

It’s a Victorian farmhouse that you get to by cruising down a maple-and-oak-lined driveway.

When you get to the house, there is lots of open space with shaded spots. There are lilac bushes, more maples and an English-country garden or two.

The yard is lined by the old-style post fence.

Walking further along the property, it turns to meadow, which has a stream cutting through it, then a forested area. Of course there are areas for the animals, and we would have a melange of them - chickens, sheep, cows, goats, pigs, cats, dogs. There may be a horse, but it would have to be my brother’s as I am not a horse fan.

We would also have crops and a good-sized vegetable garden to feed ourselves and sell the extras. I also see maple syrup and a Christmas tree farm.

As I don’t want to live too far away from my family, this dream may have to stay just that unless we strike it rich or some rich relative we don’t know about dies and leaves us her fortune.

No comments: