Monday, May 17, 2010

New Way of Thinking


I was reading an article on the weekend about stress and how your attitude allows you to deal with your body’s fight-or-flight response.

I skipped over some of the more, in my mind, hokey parts, but the basic idea of the article is you have the ability to deal with stress positively or negatively.
I thought about this article in relation to what some people have commented is my negative attitude in my blog.

In hindsight, perhaps I have been down a bit and it has obviously come out in my writing.

My apologies to all I have offended, although I suppose at the time I was hoping to offend in hopes for people to look at themselves and see what others see.

But based on this article, and Handbook 2010, an email I received from a friend, which lists a number of things to keep in mind in the health, personality, society and life categories, I need to look more at myself rather than worry so much about what others are doing or saying.

So my new goal is to let go things that really bug me and walk away when rudeness reaches new levels; remember I am good at my job and a good person; and to think happy thoughts when negativity and unhappiness surrounds me.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

YAY! Sounds like a GREAT plan! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I don't know if you've heard of Joyce Meyer, but she has a GREAT book called Battlefield of the Mind. There is an amazing chapter on negativity.
Have a wonderful week!

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

I am loving the new plan! Good luck with it.

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Shell said...

I do think that it's your blog, though, and we have to vent somewhere, so don't worry if you aren't always happy on here.