Thursday, November 26, 2009

Another Christmas Read


Another Christmas book I read each year is Richard Paul Evan’s The Christmas Box.

I bought this book years ago at a sale and the quick read is a must each time this festive season rolls around.

I am always confused if this is a true story. It reads like it is, complete with a note of where you can drop flowers off in Salt Lake City, however, the front of the book says that is a work of pure fiction.

Regardless of the authenticity of the book, the story is about a man, his wife and their daughter who rent space from an older woman who, despite her tragic story, understands the true meaning of Christmas.

It’s a beautifully written book and one that makes me cry each year.

There are actually two other books that were written after this one, which tells the back story of MaryAnne Parker and her family. They are excellent books but I don’t need to read about that much heartache at Christmastime, or any time really.

No comments: