Friday, August 7, 2009

These Are The People In Your Neighbourhood

If you are looking for a way to meet your neighbours, I suggest simply getting pregnant, taking your year of maternity leave and walking up and down the street with your baby on a daily basis.

I have met more of my neighbours in the nine short months my son has been around than I did in the eight previous years.

While I have always said hello to my neighbours, most of whom live in the city and only come up on weekends, holidays and summer vacation, when you are pushing a baby stroller, people will come right up to you and stop and chat.

It has been wonderful.

I have met so many interesting people including one woman who has been coming to this neighbourhood since she was a girl in the 1940s. PG has three daughters and in the wonderful small world that we live in, I actually worked with one of her girls. I had never met L, who worked at my parent company, but we chatted on the phone a fair bit, and I finally got to meet her this summer when she popped to say hello.

So to recap: Baby equals great opportunities to meet new people.

4 comments:

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Now why didn't that work for me???

Oh yeah! I live in the jungle and have no neighbors. lol

Alex said...

BAHAAHAA Jo.. :)

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Thanks Alex. lol

Alex said...

well, what can i say?

you made a funny, & I giggled.