Monday, August 17, 2009

Colour Any One?


With the amount of grey in my head I think there is only one choice - I must dye it before returning to work.

And that, quite frankly, sucks.

I am not THAT type of woman. I don’t spend hours applying makeup. I don’t wear makeup. I don’t get up early so I can do my hair. My type of haircut is one that allows me to get up, shower, comb and leave. I don’t put my clothes out the night before because I hate shopping so I actually have very little to choose from.
So the idea of dying my hair, and spending that kind of money, makes me sick.

As I see it, I have two choices in the hair dying solution: colour-in-a-box and highlights at a hair dresser.

Never venturing down a hair-colour aisle, I do admit most of this information comes secondhand, but I have been told that colour-in-a-box requires you to do it by yourself (yikes!), washes out quite quickly, exposing the very grey I am trying to hide, and really isn’t that cheap. Highlights, while expensive, last at least six months and allows me to keep - and highlight - the natural colours in my hair. And I don’t have to attempt it on my own.

Hmm.

Perhaps I do have one other choice. Go grey.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Although I do apply make-up, pick out my professional clothing the night before and generally keep up my appearance I am completly with you on the get up, wash and go attitude towards hair. I have always been strongly against getting up an extra hour early just to make my hair look "nice". However I must STRONGLY advise you AGAINST GOING GREY. There is something wholely unattractive about a young women who is grey. Show some pride in who you are, what you do and the way you look. You are far to smart and pretty a lady to go grey just yet - there will be plenty of years for you to BE GREY :)

Stephanie said...

P.S. Have fun with it - I think some highlights would look great on you and you deserve it, treat yourself :)

Betty said...

Lisa, in your case, go with highlights. Even if you get old like me, don't go grey it looks awful. I have a friend who stopped colouring her hair and decided to go grey - SHE LOOKS LIKE DEATH. Anyone can find the money to get highlights or like me, I colour my own hair and I get my product from Walmart CHEAP on sale for $6.99 you can't get your hair coloured at a salon for $6.99.

So, before you go back to work, get highlights you will be happy you did.

Good Luck