Friday, October 16, 2009

The Itch

My gums are itchy.

Yes, that’s right, my gums. I would like to pull out my teeth, take a steak knife and scratch back and forth with that knife over my gums, particularly beside my back molars.

I do not know why I get itchy gums. I have had it for years. The doctor suggested visiting the dentist, and the dentist looked at me like I had two heads.

So know one knows what causes it or what I should do to help it. You know, other than running my fingernails back and forth - and down - into my gums.

I figure it might be allergies, as itchiness is a symptom I get with seasonal allergies.

However, when ragweed is done for the year, what is the excuse then?

2 comments:

Alana said...

I get "itchy" gums (really it feels like my teeth are itchy...) when Im getting sick :0

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Have you tried gargling with hydrogen peroxide? It might work. In Jamaica we'd say to gargle with overproof white rum but I know you aren't going to do that. lol