Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hairdresser Day


I love getting my hair cut. I love going to the hairdresser and telling her to go nuts, do whatever she would like with my hair - with rules.

1. I am a 35-year-old professional and as such, I require a haircut that fits the part.
2. I am a wash-and-go kind of girl. The haircut must be one that allows me to shower, brush and go.

It’s a rare hairdresser who will unleash her creativity with my hair, which is unfortunate as I like someone who confident enough to chop off my long hair and create a whole new look.

As I hate spending money on the hairdresser (and I really hate that I am forced to give a tip), my hair is quite long by the time I show up at a hairdresser’s.

And most hairdressers see that length and opt for a trim rather than a whole new look, in fear I am not really ready to see all my hair on the ground.

What I also enjoy about the hairdresser is having my hair washed and brushed. I love people playing with my hair; I find it so relaxing.

But for me, it always boils down to cost. I would rather spend $50 to $80 on almost anything else.

So for the second time in a year, I went to Sassoon Husband for my hair-cutting needs.

The price was right.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ugh, I dread going to the hairdresser. I do like having people play with my hair, but I hate trying to explain my hair to them. No one seems to understand my hair. I also hate the tip thing. It's ridiculous! Don't they get paid?? I never know what to give.