Friday, September 4, 2009

Shoe Shopping Time?


I hate shoes.

There. I said it.

I find shoe shopping a different kind of stress. There is a lot of pressure in shoe shopping. After trying on dozens of pairs, each of which fit differently, I end up buying the ones I think are the most comfortable. The pressure comes when you bring them home, wear them outside once and realize they aren’t as comfortable as they were when you were in the store.

In addition, I am picky when it comes to shoes.

I don’t like anything with a heel; I don’t like chunky shoes; I don’t like draw-attention-to-myself shoes; I don’t like bright-coloured shoes.

I do like shoes that are versatile. In my late teens and early 20s, my Docs were my versatile shoes. I wore them with dresses, I wore them with jeans, I wore them with work clothing.

As I no longer in my teens, Docs cannot be a versatile shoe, however, I still hope to one day own shoes that are not only nice to look at, are comfortable, reasonably priced and have the ability to be worn with both jeans and semi-dressy clothing.

Of course the last time I went shoe shopping with friend MM, I spent the afternoon throwing up.

Coincidence? I don’t think so

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the memories of shoe shopping with you. How you hated every minute and hated every shoe. Then you puked. You almost made me hate it too. Now, I'm back to shoe shopping without you and I love it. So many shoes. So little time (and money). What is it with you and shoe shopping?

Unknown said...

I used to hate shoe shopping, but I'm slowly starting to like it a little more. I just get depressed because of lack of money. I really like the Shoe Company.

Anonymous said...

I love buying shoes but have a very bad habit of only wearing them once and then putting them in the Goodwill box.

Angeline Schnare said...

I'm with you. I'd rather poke my eyes out than go shoe shopping.
Except for running shoes - and even then I purchase two or three pairs of the same shoe once a year at a running-room type store and don't have to bother with running shoe purchases either.
Most women would cringe at your blog and my I hate shoes comment. Poop to them.
Now boots! I love boots. My parents get mad when I wear boots with a dress.
The most I spent on boots was $400. I was single and child free.
I don't know when I'll have a chance to go boat shopping - maybe when I get some serious cash!
Oh, and no advice for shoe shopping. Other than I bought a pair of Sketchers that are sort of dress and I wear to work.
My friends tried to talk me out of the purchase but I bought them anyway!

Betty said...

I love shoes, but only buy runners now. Sketchers are my brand and I love them. I used to be a Reebok person but switched and love it.

I make my trip to the U.S. to purchase my 2 or 3 pairs of Sketchers. Much cheaper in the U.S. than here and, the tax is only 4%.