Monday, February 11, 2013

Words to live by


I hesitate to say anything, as it's not yet a habit, but I am beginning to exercise again.

Two years ago, I bought a yoga and Pilates DVD set. I used it once and packed it away. I pulled it out two weeks ago with the idea of doing it three times a week.

Despite being tired tonight, I spent a hour doing a full body workout. I am proud of myself.

I am exercising for a few of reasons: one, I am chunkier then I have ever been, even while I was pregnant; two, while I may look skinny (thank you tall genes), I am unhealthy and I want to change that; and three, I love chocolate. I love baked goods. I love chocolate baked goods.

And in the words of my smart coworker: "I exercise so I can eat chocolate."

Now those are words to live by.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I exercise so I can eat carbs! ;)

I need to start exercising in the morning again. It works so much better for me than trying to fit it in in the evening. It's just so hard to get out of bed in the morning!

Unknown said...

I love the phrase "I exercise so I can eat chocolate". I think I exercise so I can snack too.

Unknown said...

Best of luck for keeping it up! That's my hardest thing, keeping it up!

Christina Lee said...

Good luck!!!! Maybe you'll inspire me!