Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Well, You Don’t See That Every Day

I followed a helicopter home last week.

Literally.

The helicopter was being pulled by a 250-Dodge Ram, which isn’t a large pickup truck. I guess I was surprised a helicopter would be pulled by anything at all (wouldn’t it just fly to its location?), never mind being light enough to be pulled by a smaller pickup truck.

I wasn’t the only one to stop and stare. I noticed many drivers slowing down and turning to look.

So you know, a helicopter is transported on a flatbed trailer with its blades tied down with light rope.

2 comments:

Holly Lefevre said...

It is days like that when I wish I kept my camera in the car!

Thank you for stopping by on my SITS Day.

Holly
504 Main

Amy DM said...

Maybe it was broken and being transported to a repair facility. I know--I'm a logical thinker and not much fun...