Monday, April 19, 2010
Thanks for longtime friend and Moments of Clarity blogger Mundanemomma for giving me the Honest Scrap Award.
Here are the rules:
#1. Brag about the award.
Well, why be original when you can misquote actress Sally Field – ‘You like me, you really like me.’
#2. Include the name of the person who gave the award to you and link back to that blogger.
Her penname is Mundanemomma at Moments of Clarity
#3. Choose a selection of blogs that you find brilliant in honest content.
#4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with this award.
Humes Party of three
Fighting off Frumpy
#5. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
1. I don’t like to talk about myself. I think if you read my blog, you’ll glean a lot of information about me from it but I don’t like to provide information in this sort of forum. However, I like to read about others.
2. I am a journalist and an editor. I have written, assigned and read many stories about cyber crime, bullying, stalking, and predators. As such, I particularly don’t like posting info or pictures about my little guy. Facebook, particularly since it has changed its privacy policies, frightens me. Too much info people!
3. I really want to be a non-working stay-at-home mom. However, I am willing to freelance edit and write and stay at home.
4. My brother once called me untrusting and I was offended. Unfortunately, he is correct. However, not trusting people has saved me – and my family – more than once.
5. I am fiercely loyal and have high moral standards for myself.
6. I am directionally challenged and have no idea how to get to places I used to live. GPS was created for me.
7. I am a strong person.
8. Motherhood is the best job anyone can have.
9. I have a stepdaughter who brings great joy and happiness – and comic relief – to my life. I am lucky that she wasn’t one of THOSE teenagers who I wanted to lock in the basement and not release until she was 20. Actually, she went to the basement by choice and she will be 20 this year. Time flies.
10. I am a good listener and secret keeper.