Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It’s Book Season



There is something about the lazy, hazy days of summer and the desire to sit outside and read.

I don’t read nearly as much as I used to, but I still love books and losing myself in them.

My stepdaughter has been kind and has lent me several books she brought home from her recent visit with her mom.

I re-read the Twilight series as well as novella from the series called The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. The Eclipse short story was a good one, although it hard to read because you knew what fate laid in store for Bree, who seemed like a good person who had a tough life.

I am currently reading A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray.

When looking up the author, I read this is actually the first book in a trilogy. I am enjoying it. It’s a quick and easy read although I have to keep skepticism at bay.

Yes, I can believe in fairies and dragons, wizards and vampires but I have a hard time with realms and the magic found within them.

I also have a Mary Higgins Clark, a John Grisham and various other not-popular fiction books sitting on my shelf. I also recommend Anita Shreve.

Her books, to me, scream out summer reading.

3 comments:

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

I thought the same thing when I read Bree Tanner. I really liked her and I didn't want her to die. But, it did give some nice back story.

Betty said...

I love reading and my favorite author is Mary Higgins Clark and her daughter Carol Higgins Clark. The only thing is nothing gets done when your involved in a great book. Oh well!

Jade said...

I'm a summer reader too and tend go get through so many more than the winter. I've not heard of Anita Shreve before, I'll have to look some of those up.

Have a lovely weekend,
Jade