Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Christmas List

My husband gave me a $25 gift certificate for Chapters, a bookstore chain, for Mother's Day.

There was a time when I would have cashed in the gift certificate as soon as I received it. Now my time is precious and any moment I am not at work, I am at home with my little guy.

Earlier this month, however, I needed to pick up a book I ordered. So I left work early and spent a leisurely hour looking at the end displays and special sections I wouldn't usual look at. And because the Christmas season is upon us, the store was filled with all things seasonal - from knick knacks to books.

Not only was it completely relaxing to spend time within a place filled with books, it was a joy to not have to worry about money and simply buy what I wanted.

I found three Christmas books on sale, one of which was called The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans. I read The Christmas Box, also written by Evans, each Christmas.

The Christmas List is as good as The Christmas Box A Christmas Carol with a character more nasty than Ebenezer Scrooge. It was a fantastic book that haunted me days after. It was another book I had to re-read parts in order to get it out of my head.

A recommended read to anyone who loves Christmas and happy stories.

4 comments:

Amy DM said...

Bookstores and libraries are about as close to Heaven as we'll get here on earth, IMO. ;)

I've really enjoyed everything I've read by Richard Paul Evans. Enjoy your book!

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

I MISS bookstores. I miss new books. I miss hanging out at Chapters or Indigo for hours on end.

I'm glad you enjoyed your time at Chapters and even better got to spend money without guilt!

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Nicole said...

I'm going to look into that book. I love happy stories and Christmas stories!

Mz-Cellaneous said...

I've heard about the christmas box and I need to read it! Hubs tried to get me a kindle but no joy!