Thursday, November 17, 2011
Readers of this blog will know I love using cloth diapers, and I don’t hesitate to tell anyone I talk to that they, too, should go cloth.
My guy has been toilet trained for months. He does, however, still use diapers during naptime and overnight. And because E is a heavy wetter, he uses disposables during those times.
So when I received an email from Mohammed at Lil Helper asking if I still used cloth diapers and if I would be willing to try his version, I jumped at the chance.
If Lil Helper’s diapers would keep E dry, I would buy a set.
I wish I could have captured E’s expression when I put on Lil Helper’s charcoal bamboo cloth diaper.
Super soft, the diaper and its two bamboo inserts with seven layers of absorbent cloth, stayed in place with snaps.
Mohammed also provided me with additional cotton inserts that went inside the diaper. Snaps are also used to keep the diaper on.
Once on, my guy jumped up and paraded in his new blue diaper. ‘Look, Mommy,’ he said before dancing around in the house. Cloth diaper bum is the cutest thing around, but Lil Helper cloth diaper bum is even more fantastic.
Sadly, E didn’t make it through the night with the Lil Helper diaper, but in fairness, he often doesn’t make it through the night in disposables either.
Last night, while getting ready for bed, he asked to wear his Lil Helper diaper. We plan to try it during naptime on the weekend.
I think for a child who is not a heavy wetter, these diapers would work wonderfully. If I discovered Lil Helper before E was potty trained, I would have bought them. If we ever have more children, Lil Helper is where we will turn to.
In addition to being beautifully made, Lil Helper’s diapers are:
* All In Ones. You do not need to buy an additional diaper cover.
* One-size fits all. The same diaper will fit your baby from seven to 35 pounds.
* The outer layer is made from waterproof, yet breathable materials.
* Through Lil Helpers Baby Do Good program, for every three diapers purchased by its customers the company pledges to gift a new cloth diaper to a family in need.
* Mohammed and his family are down-to-Earth, easy to talk to and funny. Nader is also an owner and founder of this company. Both men and their families live in Toronto.