Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekends are fun

I love weekends.

This weekend we had a friend and her son over so my guy had someone to play with.

We also:

• Went apple picking. It's that time of year again. This year we are dehydrating them and I may try canning them, too.




• Dug up my neighbour's flowers and planted them in my garden.

• Went grape picking at the same neighbour's house. My guy liked using his shovel to bury the grapes in my garden.

• Played tennis, soccer with a hacky sack and went for a walk.

• Tried out our new slide courtesy of my brother.

• Made cookies for my brother-in-law's upcoming wedding (only 20 more to go).

• Made tomato sauce with tomatoes and basil from our garden.

• Napped, played, read and laughed.

Another great weekend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a generous neighbour! Glad your weekend was full of laughter too.

Unknown said...

Oh, my goodness, I am laughing so hard because it sounds like you went over to your neighbour's garden and just arbitrarily started digging up his flowers so you could have them for yourself! I know that's not the case though...I love weekends too, but they are over too quickly. How will you can apples? By making applesauce?

Pam said...

Fun weekend! Glad you found time to enjoy life. Stopped by from SITS.

Nicole said...

What a fabulous weekend!!! Sounds like so much fun, and also sounds delicious.

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

The highlight of my weekend was cutting up 14 mangoes for mango sorbet which I'll make today. Not nearly as much fun as your weekend!

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Losing Brownies said...

I'm envious of your weather. It's still well in the 100's here!

Healthy Mom Project said...

Sounds lovely. And how nice to be able to make tomato sauce from your own produce.

Kim said...

Love those sunglasses!