Friday, September 23, 2011

Cinnamon Lovers Take Note


Finally there is a product out there that claims it has cinnamon in it and delivers.

I love cinnamon. When a recipe calls for cinnamon, I at least double it. I put cinnamon in my hot chocolate, cinnamon in my apple pies, cinnamon in baked goods and as I child I enjoyed it on toast.

You can never have too much cinnamon in my mind.

But apparently not everyone feels this way; particularly companies that claim to make cinnamon products but only but small amounts in.

I have not found a cinnamon raisin bread that actually tastes like cinnamon. I enjoy a coffee cake that claims it is cinnamon and while the topping succeeds, that cake does not.

But a couple of weeks ago, I discovered Oatmeal to Go Cinnamon Roll granola bars.
I was hooked after the first cinnamon bite and have gone through two boxes since.

Way to go Quakers.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Ooh, I like cinnamon too. I might try this. One of the best cookie recipes I have is really heavy on cinnamon. I also have an awesome recipe for cinnamon loaf, here it is:
http://cookingintheboyhouse.blogspot.com/2011/05/cinnamon-bread-or-how-to-feel-like-very.html

Christina Lee said...

Oh- I guess I'm trying these!

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

I 'm a cinnamon fan too. :)

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

I'll have to look out for those. Cinnamon makes everything taste better!

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Kim said...

It's weird, but I always think that I don't like cinnamon--it just doesn't appeal to me--but then I'll eat something with cinnamon in it, and I will LOVE it. The other day I had a piece of cinnamon chip bread that was so delish. I don't know why I have such a mental block about such a great spice.

Victoria said...

I'll have to try these! I love cinnamon too, and am notoriously adding extra to my baked goods.